Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What do you think?

One of the things I really enjoy doing is sitting in coffee shops and working or playing a game or just hanging out over a cup of joe. My favorite coffee shop is The Spotted Cow. They have good coffee, ice cream and best of all -free wifi. This afternoon I brought my Macbook and some paperwork to work on. I was surrounded by others either reading or working on their computers. The normal protocol is to grab a seat, buy a drink and enjoy the ambiance. You can stay for hours and sip the same coffee or even move on to a glass of water. It's all good. All was well today until the table next to me was empty. At that point a young lady walked into the shop and sat down with some books and a laptop. She was working for a while and I realized, she never got up to get coffee. I thought it was a bit strange. Well after sitting there for almost 2 hours, I realized I better get home. I got up and noticed she did have a cup of coffee. However, it was not from the Spotted Cow - it was Starbucks. Boo...

2 comments:

bchadwick said...

What a free-loader! Starbucks probably makes you pay for wi-fi, since their business is declining. The amount she paid for that cup of coffee probably could have paid for a month of high speed internet at her house AND the wireless router. She should have done the math.

Charley Lowery said...

Absolutely, no free wifi is the primary reason why I don't go to Starbucks to work.