Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snotfaced and Happy

So this past week has been a long one. All three of us have been sick and our normal babysitters had out of town friends over. Luckily I worked it out to have Friday off for my body to recuperate or at the very least work on some home projects. On Saturday I was wondering if I was going to have enough in me to make it Sunday morning. I don't really have anyone I can call in to cover for me right now, so I was just praying I would get better. Sure enough, God is always faithful. I was feeling good enough to press on. Pretty interesting, I prayed that God would be made strong in my weakness. Then I taught about Shadrach, Meschach and Abenego (I have know idea how they are really spelled - and they aren't there God given names in the first place). You talk about some guys who let God be strong in their weakness. Did God show up before they were put in the fire? Yeah, maybe he gave them the strength to stand. But he really showed Himself when they were engulfed in flames. I wish I had faith like that. Anyways, this morning went really well. I was totally jazzed about teaching kids about Christ and making the right choices. I was excited to teach again at 5:00 at Gold Creek. Well I was excited until I got home and felt like death warmed over. Again I pulled myself together and the service went great. I came home to an empty house - this means I can play Xbox. After killing a few people and getting killed much more I came upstairs to check my temperature. A fever and I feel like junk. But you know what, I love working in Children's Ministry. I have a beautiful son who is teething and growing and walking with some assistance. I have an amazing beautiful wife and God takes care of my needs. Life is good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I took a day off this week to rest and fight something off that I was trying to come down with. I was exposed to strep. After resting, I did feel better. I pray you will get better - all of you. Carver is sure adorable. I appreciate every picture you send.
Love you,
Mom

Unknown said...

Dude, your wife IS beautiful...

Unknown said...

Carver is starting to walk? As his aunt, I really should know these things...It's time for you three to move closer to me.