Tuesday, January 20, 2009

24 hours and still going

It's 3am and I have been up since 3:30 yesterday morning with just a short hour nap to keep going. I just got home from work and I need to unwind a bit and I just have to tell this story. The thing that I love about being Children's Ministry the best is hanging out with the kids. When I get the chance, I try to make it to a kids sports game or play or meet to show support and also connect with their parents. One of the girls at the Rock has a huge passion for Gymnastics. She recently told her dad that she really feels God's presence when she is doing gymnastics. She knows that doing this, brings God pleasure. How cool is that! God made us all so unique and different. We may be athletically inclined, or musical or even organization. God gives us all talents to use for him. He loves to see us using these talents and passions. It worked out for me to get off work a little bit early from my first shift to go to her meet today. Being my first meet, I thought it would take 2 maybe 3 hours. Well that stretched into about 5. It seems like a long time, but it was totally worth it. All these girls train for at least 10 hours a week and work extremely hard. It was alot of fun cheering her on and hanging out with her family. This family encourages me so much. I see Godly parents who work hard at teaching good character and Jesus' love to their 5 children. I want to be a dad like that - just not the whole 5 kid part.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Charley, I'm proud of you. That's a long time! It's clear that you are passionate about what you do and really care about each one of those kids. Someday, when you have your 5 kids, you'll have many more meets, games, events to attend!! :)