Saturday, January 10, 2009

Life Changes and Goals

The past two years Laura and I have sate down in early January and talked about what we want to accomplish in the next year. Its really strange because so many things have to do with the house and projects. It really makes me feel like an adult. For so long, I yearned for these things - you know responsibility and all. Now I have them and just want to retreat. Retreating is not an option and truthfully not who I want to be. I have a few goals for this next year and I thought I would share them with 3 people who read my blog. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Grow Spiritually : I have become lazy in this and I truly desire for God to change my heart.
2. Spend more time away from Media - less TV more reading, more writing, more time playing with Carver
3. Lose 10 lbs - eating healthier would help this
4. Plan Children's Ministry lessons more than a week ahead of time.
5. Language - This started working in a truck all day long -its bled out and I don't like it
6. I want to have more authentic conversations with my guy friends. Life's to short to just talk about work, sports, kids, church and beer.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think you are an amazing writer,I enjoy reading your blogs and look forward to each new one. I'm very proud of the man you've become-I can't wait to meet Carver Miss & Love You and your family
Love Aunt Mary

Unknown said...

Don't retreat on the house projects until we finish the fireplace this weekend!!!

You're the man I respect most in my life, even if you don't accomplish anything on your list this year (for what it's worth). : )