Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Softball


Many of you know that I am a huge baseball fan.. I played baseball a little as a kid, but I ended up quitting in the middle of the season because I got popped in the nose. I was afraid of the ball. When Laura and I met in the Kings Players 8 years ago, we had lots of free time and a couple of ball gloves. Laura was quite the softball veteran and she certainly didn't throw the ball like a girl. She would throw the ball as hard as she could at my face to help me conquer my fear of getting hit by the ball. I enjoyed it and it was one the many things that made me like her even more. When we moved to California we started playing on a couple teams right away. Since then I have been hooked on playing. She even hooked me on watching professional baseball. I used to ask her all the questions on plays and rules. Now she gets pretty tired of my nonstop baseball blog reading and watching games and talking stats. She just refers to me as a big dork. This is the first season that I have played softball without her. Right now I am playing on a Men's Church Team in Lynnwood. We are a pretty good team and I have a great time. Laura comes to all her games and brings Carver. I'd rather her be in the dugout with me, but I enjoy seeing her and hearing her cheer me on. Carver didn't want anything other than to just suck on his Mama's finger at the game tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a total-baseball dork!

Love you. : )