Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sleep when you can


In the past few months I adjusted my work schedule, so that I work on Monday nights instead of Tuesday days. This allows me to work on Rock Church stuff on Tuesdays and also hang out with Carver. I used to come home and sleep for about 4 hours and then start my day. Carver doesn't like to sleep for longer than about 1.5 hours right now, so as you can see I try to get sleep when I can. I look forward to the day where he sleeps more consistently at night and naps during the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you probably get more baby advice than you ever wanted...but here's something that worked for me when Zack was a baby. When he hit about 3 months, I would wake him about an hour before I went to bed. We would play, feed him, change diapers, etc...then rock him back to sleep. He would then sleep for 6 hours at a time and I felt like I had a good nights' sleep. However, the old "sleep whenever they are asleep, everything else will wait" is also really good advice.

Joker402 said...

swaddle, loud noise, happiest baby on the block stuff...