Saturday, July 5, 2008

11 hours and still full



After another long night of fireworks, crying baby and very little sleep I woke up thankful that we we had a great 4th of July BBQ and no one was hurt. Hurt is a little relative when it comes to 20 - 3o year old guys blowing stuff up like we were 13 again.
Around 11 am the Lowery's and Barrans joined together for one of the classiest greasy spoons
in Seattle. I first heard about this place about a year ago when James blogged about it. Laura and I have a tradition of finding a greasy spoon to go to for Christmas Eve every year and this was my top choice, but this 24-7 joint wants to give their employees a night off for some reason. Their specialty is their omelets and thanks to my dad I love a good omelet. You have the option of a 6 or 12 egg omelet complimented by all you can eat hashbrowns. I went for the 6 egger loaded with Ham and Cheddar. My goal was just to finish the omelet and I did. We walked around the Seattle Aquarium and then Pike Street market and I followed it up with a 3 hour nap. It has been around 11 hours and I am still full. in Seattle. I heard about this place about a year ago when

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MMmmmm...it was a good omelet. however, methinks my gut couldn't handle another one any time soon.

Unknown said...

Seriously, this place makes Waffle House look like sophisticated fine dining. My shoes are still sticky and I think Carver has developed smoker's hack from the smoke residue left in the walls from pre-smoking ban days.

Anonymous said...

Bucksnort has a blog! I'm late to the party but this is cool!