Friday, July 11, 2008

Driveshaft and Good Samaritans


It's finally Friday and I finished up work around 2:30 and I was on my way home for a long awaited nap. I got about a half a mile from work and I hear a loud pop and my truck stops moving. I quickly pulled into the median and looked under my truck and noticed my drive shaft resting on the street. I pulled my head out from under the truck and noticed a guy had pulled up right in front of me offering to give me a hand. Wow. He looked under the truck and also concluded that I was driving a Ford which in Tennessee is known to some as Found on Road Dead. But that is all the juvenile redneck you will get out of this post. The Good Samaritan offered to let me use his cell phone - since I left mine at home. He gave me a ride back to work where I was able to call and get the truck towed home. So thank you to John for being quick to offer a helping hand to a stranger. I wish I could be a little more like that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your vehicle. I am praying for you guys. God must have some amazing plans for you in light of all of the challenges lately. I know it's true! Hang in there:) Right before life gets real good it pretty much sucks.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlie!! Sucks about your truck.. Do you know what is wrong with it? My hubby works on cars, maybe we can help?

Also, are there any pictures from youth camp this year?

Let me know about the truck if you need help.

Jimi