Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight


Almost everybody loves a good superhero movie. Laura and I try to see just about every one in the Theater on opening weekend. Tonight we saw the most anticipated one of the summer and we were not let down. It is easily the best Batman movie yet. Christian Bale does an awesome job portraying the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne. But the man who stole the show would have to be Heath Ledger playing the Joker. I loved the first Batman with Jack Nicholson. He was phenomenal but in comparison he was just another villain. There was a lot of hype about Ledger's performance and how much it took away from him and eventually led to his death. I didn't want to get so caught up in the actor, that I would miss out on the character. There was no chance of this, I and the rest of the audience were completely engrossed in the movie. We cheered and clapped and cringed and gasped. I am convinced that it is definitely the best super hero movie ever. What is your favorite?

No comments: