Saturday, September 6, 2008

ineed2change.com


I subscribe to many podcasts and I consistently read a few blogs. This morning Ed Young's blog caught my eye. He is working through a new series at his Church on change. He created a website that caught my eye.
In need of change...

It seems like there is always something that I need to change. Most of the time it seems to be the same thing. I want to be a better person or a better Christian. Too often this looks more like a list than a lifestyle. This is where the battle of legalism steps in and I just don't want to be that guy anymore. When I decided to follow Christ I stepped into a journey of a life to become more like Christ. Becoming more like Christ is going to look a little different in every Christian's life. That is because we are all made unique. God has given each of us wants and desires that make us who we are. This is pretty exciting. I am not just another clone that God made so the world would be how He wanted it to be. God have us options. Well I have taken some of the options that God has made available - and they were not the best. Some of these options have plagued me for a long time. Anytime you establish roots in something, it will not be easy to tear apart. There are some roots in my life that I need to tear out. There are things that I need to change. It will take some self examination as well as some Christ examination. This is my goal of changing. I want to pursue myself and pursue Christ more.

No comments: