Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Carver



So I call this Blog the Adventures of Bucksnort and his Boy, yet I failed to complete a post I started on the Boy's first birthday. It was a busy weekend, so now 2 and a half weeks later I'll let you know what a special day it was.
A little over a year ago, we were excited and frightened about this little boy who had been growing inside Laura's belly. After a few premature trips to the hospital due to some high blood pressure, the doctor scheduled the C-section about a week early. I could not sleep the night before, I was so excited. We had to get up about 4am to get to the hospital around 5:30. Molly brought me a quad shot white mocha to keep me awake and I chased that with a 5 hour energy drink. I didn't want to miss out on a single thing that happened that morning. I was a little jittery, but enjoyed every moment of that day. They pulled Carver out of Laura and started to clean him up. I watched from a distance with tears in my eyes and then the nurse invited me over. I was a bit fearful to hold the little 6lb boy. I held him tightly and did not want to let him go. I still feel this way. I love to get him in the morning when he wakes up and is so glad to see me. I love to see him smile, walk, fall, laugh and make faces at me. My heart melts at this adorable little boy.
He is now a year old. His baby days are fleeting and he is becoming a little boy. He has a great personality and is stubborn as a bull. He had around 20 people come and celebrate his first birthday. He got cake absolutely everywhere and loved all the attention. I look forward to many many more years of watching him grow into a young man.

No comments: