Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wow do I stink at Golf


So this afternoon I went to Ballinger Lake Golf Course for a Staff Meeting with my pastor. We don't meet to often, so we had to make the most out of it. There comes a point in golf where you just have to pick up your ball and right a very large number on the score card. I made that happen on the first 3 holes and then I came across this beast on the course. It was 85 degrees outside, so he was just chilling under the bench at hole 4. My ball landed about 10 feet away from him, so he decided to attack or at least lay right beside the ball. So I poked him a few times with my pitching wedge and he just thought I was playing. I picked him up and moved him a few feet, so he darted back on top of my ball. This sequence continued for about 6 or 7 times before I finally was able to run back and chip the ball away. I finally got away and watched my hacker pastor shoot a birdie. We had a great time and I look forward to more golf this summer. I just have to quit swinging my clubs like a baseball bat.

No comments: