Thursday, November 13, 2008

Preacherman

Every Sunday I get to do what I love - Hang out with kids and tell them about Jesus. I'm very comfortable in talking to kids. They are awesome. They don't look for theological themes or 4 point sermons using alliteration. They just like it when people care about them. They don't always want to hear what I say or even want to hear sometimes, but most of time they listen. I enjoy adding creative elements and involving them in the lesson. It's exciting and ultimately what I want to do full time one day. This past Sunday I added a new element for the first time- a room full of adults. I had the kids and adults join together and I was at the pulpit. I move around way too much to actually have a pulpit. I had a great time and spoke about Super Heroes and being honest. I was pretty nervous, but God gave me the strength and words to speak. Thanks to you who were praying for me. After this Sunday, I have a lot more respect for Pastors who do this every Sunday. It is a lot of responsibility and more work than many think. I think we need to find a Lead Pastor soon. In the meantime, I will spend my time loving on kids.

No comments: