Saturday, November 22, 2008

A birthday tragedy

Tonight I celebrated my birthday with some great friends at Chopstix Dueling Piano Bar. We had a great time and I couldn't ask for more. I am so thankful for the the amazing friends and family that I have. When I got home I noticed I received a voicemail and text message from my mother. I called her back because it didn't sound right. I called her to find only bad news. My cousin Alex in Miami Florida was killed in a car accident tonight. Alex's dream was always to be a police officer. He was doing exactly this. Serving the people when something went wrong. I am not sure the details, but he was killed in a car accident tonight. My heart is broken and I am not sure how to process all of this. Treasure those that you love, for life is short.

1 comment:

Scott Harris said...

It was so good to be with you last night Charley on a special occasion in your life. I'm so sorry to hear about you and your families loss. Just prayed for you all!