Monday, April 6, 2009

Mariners Predictions


Baseball is officially on and I am excited. I enjoy watching football and going to a hockey game or even a soccer game. I don't care about Basketball at all - so I am excited to not hear about brackets and Final Four or Elite Eight or Sweet Sixteen for quite a while after tonight. It is all about Baseball now. The Mariner's did a little bit of house cleaning over the off season when it comes to management. Finally - Bill Bavasi is gone, but unfortunately the effects of his poor decisions will live on for a few more years. But that's life - we must live with the mistakes of others and most importantly our own. We just have to choose to learn from them and hopefully not make them again.
This would be considered one of the rebuilding years for the Mariners. No one expects them to be in contention for anything other than not being the worst team in baseball. They were 3rd on the list last season. However, I think anything is possible. Two years ago, the Rays had the worst record in the American League - Last year they won the World Series. I don't think the Mariners will make that kind of change, but I think they will stay competitive and will be fun to watch. After all - Griffey is back. So I thought I would throw out a few predictions of my own, this way I can see how wrong I am at the end of the season.

Ichiro - .300 Batting Average and 200 hits - this one is a little predictable

Griffey - .260 BA and 27 Home Runs and will play as a Mariner in 2010

Beltre - .280 BA and 35 Home Runs and will be traded in July to a contender - this will stink

Lopez - .285 BA and 22 Home Runs

Bentancourt - He's going to choke this year and will either get traded or released or sent to the Minors. Maybe we will get a Shortstop for Beltre

Johjima - .220 BA and 15 Home Runs

King Felix - 18 Wins and 8 Losses

Washburn - 10 Wins and 4 Losses and Traded Away in June - hopefully

Mariners Season 79 Wins and 83 Losses - 3rd Place in the American League West

Any Predictions for you?

No comments: