Sunday, October 12, 2008

ahhh....vacation

We are here and relaxing. So nice to have a vacation. We arrived Friday night and were a little hungry so we had some food that was native to Hawaii and we could not possible get in Washington: McDonalds and Teriyaki. Well at McDonalds we just had Cokes and Laura tried a Taro pie. Tried consists of one bite and then spitting it out. I prefer the good ol' American Apple Pie. We then went home and were pretty exhausted so we went to sleep. The time difference is 3 hours, so Carver woke up at his normal time 7:30 - Seattle time. So I was able to get up and see the sunrise. My parents house has a deck that overlooks the mountains and the ocean and Gilligan's island. It was pretty amazing to just enjoy the morning. Normally you are supposed to sleep in late on vacation. I imagine that will come eventually. For right now, I am just enjoying the weather and being around all my family. Today we go to church and then to North Shore - should be fun.

No comments: