Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Male bonding

For the second summer in a row I have been playing on a Men's softball team from Northview Community Church. This year we were the 4th seed in the double elimination tournament. We managed to go undefeated in the playoffs and took first place last night. We had a great time and won a trophy - that looks a little invisible. I have a great time playing softball, but I believe there is a little more to it. I am super competitive and I love to have a good time, but I believe that there is something in a guy that needs stuff like this. Male bonding - yeah it sounds little corny, but deep inside a guy needs to have his male friends and needs to hang out with them. This can range from throwing a softball to hitting a golf ball to hiking to drinking a beer or two. I have some guy friends now, but I need to go a little deeper into friendship with them. Relationships take time and it seems in this society that we created, we don't allow the time to foster these relationships. Well that and male friendships don't exactly seem to be the cool or strait thing to have. This is a trend that needs to be bucked.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

where did all your hair go?